[3dem] Membrane protein dissociating from nanodisc

Dykstra, Holly Holly.Dykstra at vai.org
Fri Oct 15 06:13:19 PDT 2021

Hello all,
I am working on a single-TM membrane protein in nanodisc. Upon freezing grids, I am observing protein dissociation from the nanodisc. A small percentage of the total particle population is intact protein-nanodisc complex but most of the particles have dissociated. I believe this is happening at the point of freezing as negative stain shows the intact protein-nanodisc complex. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Thanks!
-Holly