[3dem] Computational Scientist position at Astex Pharmaceuticals

Michael Saur Michael.Saur at astx.com
Tue Nov 23 08:34:36 PST 2021

Dear cryo-EM colleagues,

We have an exciting position opening at Astex Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, UK, to expand our cryo-EM software team.

If you would like to develop cutting-edge algorithms for ligand-focused single particle analysis and help us to keep pushing the limits of our in-house cryo-EM software framework, please have a look at the job description:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__astx.com_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2021_11_CryoEM-2DComputational-2DScientist-2DCS-2D1121.pdf&d=DwIF-g&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=g6pDjkjUgRtRje5Q1pMJUCrcw1Hy4tu70jbAo89bhWtCnRchedW4wxekfVJ6uL7e&s=eRRPUq7RK5vDjZ72lFZ_cITJAJRbj8kKj-5xGZUzGME&e=

Astex has been dedicated to enable fragment-based drug discovery using cryo-EM by establishing process automation and standardisation throughout the single particle analysis workflow (see Saur et al, Drug Discovery Today, 2020 for more information). Single particle analysis is now used in multiple active drug discovery projects of the company, making use of our three in-house transmission electron microscopes (2x Glacios, 1x Krios G4), two Krios microscopes via the Cambridge Pharmaceutical Cryo-EM Consortium and our extensive computing capabilities.

If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role prior to your application, you can contact me using the e-mail address below.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Michael

Dr. Michael Saur
Senior Research Associate
Astex Pharmaceuticals
436 Cambridge Science Park
Milton Road, Cambridge
CB4 0QA, UK
Tel: +44(0)1223 226200

michael.saur at astx.com<mailto:michael.saur at astx.com>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.astx.com&d=DwIF-g&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=g6pDjkjUgRtRje5Q1pMJUCrcw1Hy4tu70jbAo89bhWtCnRchedW4wxekfVJ6uL7e&s=dC_NGXizHT_shiC0Sp0KM5LCfiQXYFiubZD-04L9fkA&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.astx.com_&d=DwIF-g&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=g6pDjkjUgRtRje5Q1pMJUCrcw1Hy4tu70jbAo89bhWtCnRchedW4wxekfVJ6uL7e&s=NZSBNPZ8ItUB4SwoGjT-Ewp7Aw2vJrcouDVJyZ5kSng&e= >

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto and notify the sender immediately.