[3dem] 3rd Cryo-EM User Symposium - EMBL Heidelberg - 21st January 2022 - Registration Open

felix.weis at embl.de felix.weis at embl.de
Mon Nov 8 03:17:31 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to attend the 3rd Cryo-EM User Symposium at EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany. The Symposium will take place on Friday, 21st January 2022 and will bring together the User Community of the EMBL Cryo-EM Platform.

This is a one-day event with EMBL Cryo-EM Platform users presenting their results. In addition, there will be a session on new technologies for cryo-EM grid preparation.

Invited speakers include Irina Gutsche (IBS Grenoble, FR), Arjen Jakobi (TU Delft, NL), Matthew Kraushar (MPI for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, DE), Daniel Levy (Institut Curie, Paris, FR), Melanie McDowell (MPI of Biophysics, Frankfurt, DE), Nathan Nelson (Tel Aviv University, IL), Gergely Papp (EMBL Grenoble, FR), Celia Plisson-Chastang (CBI Toulouse, FR), Miriam Weckener (RFI Didcot, UK), Michael Webster (John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK) and Giulia Zanetti (ISMB London, UK).

All participants will have the possibility to present their own work in a poster session.

We aim to organise the Symposium as a physical, on-site event. All participants must comply with the German "2G rule" (being fully immunised against Coronavirus). We will require a proof of either vaccination or recent recovery from the infection. In addition, all participants are highly encouraged to make an antigen self-test before coming to the campus.
As per the government of Baden-Württemberg regulations, please respect all hygiene measures and precautions like wearing a face mask in all circulation areas and observing the distance rule of 1.5m.

We believe that there is a real advantage of keeping the Symposium as a physical event. Please keep in mind that in case the regulations would not allow us to hold the event in January, we would postpone it to a later date.

The participation and on-site catering is free of charge.

The registration is open until 31st December 2021.

To attend the Symposium, please register here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.de_r_Cryo-2DEM-5FUser-5FSymposium-5F2022&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=GtpvX3K2sbgzq8y7-zqGrmRRSJ2aFJfM-2A4Kp4LqDY_UDvIjxiCMSPp4pJn4hfh&s=DX8HazkR4juVPexygTCIRMftyys-NZdwIFfUgcb_O2Q&e=  (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.de_r_Cryo-2DEM-5FUser-5FSymposium-5F2022&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=GtpvX3K2sbgzq8y7-zqGrmRRSJ2aFJfM-2A4Kp4LqDY_UDvIjxiCMSPp4pJn4hfh&s=DX8HazkR4juVPexygTCIRMftyys-NZdwIFfUgcb_O2Q&e= )

For further information please contact cryo-em-symposium at embl.de (mailto:cryo-em-symposium at embl.de)

Join the conversation by using #EMBLCryoEM on Twitter.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Heidelberg.

Best wishes,
Felix Weis

On behalf of the Cryo-EM User Symposium Organising Committee