[3dem] PostDoc position in Structural Biology of Membrane Repair

Oliver Daumke oliver.daumke at mdc-berlin.de
Thu Nov 4 06:29:12 PDT 2021

A two-year PostDoc position according to German pay grade 13, with the
possibility of extension, is available from February 2022 in the group
of Oliver Daumke at the Max-Delbrück-Center in Berlin in the area of
‘Structural biology of membrane repair’, with a focus on cryoEM studies.
The Daumke group studies structure and function of membrane-associated
proteins, see Ganichkin et al, PNAS 2021, Grunwald et al, Nat Comm 2020,
Faelber et al, Nature 2019, Turco et al, Mol Cell 2019 for recent examples.

The MDC offers a highly vibrant scientific environment, with
state-of-the-art infrastructure for structural biology, including cryoEM
(in house TALOS L120C screening microscope and Titan Krios, Aquilos
FIB-SEM, Leica CLEM within a cryoEM facility on our campus) and
crystallography (pipetting robots, plate hotels, regular access to BESSY
and DESY synchrotrons). Numerous interactions with other structural
biology, cell biology and biophysical groups on our Campus in
Berlin-Buch are available.

The applicant should hold a PhD in biochemistry/structural biology or
closely related areas. Previous experience in structure biology, in
particular cryo-EM (single particle and/or cryo electron tomography) is
desirable. Experience in protein expression systems and microscopy is a
plus.

For application, please use our online portal and submit your
application as one pdf file (5 MB max.), including a motivation letter
and a CV with a publication list. Application deadline: November 30, 2021.

https://recruitingapp-5471.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/599/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
<https://recruitingapp-5471.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/599/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng>

Please contact Oliver Daumke (oliver.daumke at mdc-berlin.de
<mailto:oliver.daumke at mdc-berlin.de>) for further inquiries.