[3dem] Advice for hardware of compute nodes

Guillaume Gaullier guillaume.gaullier at icm.uu.se
Thu May 20 10:33:54 PDT 2021

In my case it was 768 GB total (64 GB * 12 slots I believe, in a Supermicro case). But yes, 512 GB already qualifies as a "ridiculous amount" in my book. You could also call it "future proof" (as in: future programs implementing more sophisticated analyses than we use now may need more RAM), which is a better vocabulary to use as a justification for your spendings. :-)

Guillaume