[3dem] Sr. Scientist - CryoEM data processing, analysis and model building and refinement.

Giovanna Scapin yetanotheremail10038 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 07:44:42 PDT 2021

Dear community, we are looking for a Sr. Scientist to support our growth in
Single Particle Analysis.  Please see below.

Thank you so much

Giovanna

------

Nanoimaging Services is the global leader in cryo transmission electron
microscopy services. Our services are designed to meet the specific
imaging, analysis and documentation requirements of the pharmaceutical,
biotechnology and nanotechnology industries.

NIS is unique in its capability of providing high resolution protein
structure determination services by the CryoEM method using advanced
in-house microscopes. We work with a broad client base through access modes
that include fee-for-service, bulk microscope access and training-centered
partnership programs to deliver best-in-class results for drug discovery
and development.

In joining NIS, you will become a key member of a highly talented,
dedicated team of scientists pushing boundaries in structural biology:

   -

   to deliver exceptional value to our clients
   -

   to drive CryoEM adoption
   -

   to enable expanded structural support for the most challenging of
   targets in drug discovery and development

To support our expansion and our mission to provide ongoing excellence in
CryoEM, we are seeking applicants for a Senior Scientist position at our
Woburn, MA location.

Interested individuals are encouraged to send a resume, with a cover
letter, containing information on their education, employment history, a
minimum of three references, and any other relevant achievements to
Woburn at nanoimagingservices.com

Job description:

Responsibilities include but are not limited to

- Develop project specific workflows to address clients’ goals and
implement them in collaboration with other team members

- Reviewing scientific literature on samples to aid analyses and
understanding of projects

- Electron microscopy data analysis and processing up to 3D reconstructions

- Model building and refinement

- Writing comprehensive reports detailing the findings from image analysis
and processing

- Present ongoing analyses and results to clients and respond to feedback

Minimum experience

- PhD or analog in Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biology or
a related area of life sciences

- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cryoEM analysis of biological
molecules;

- Experience in single particle analysis and high resolution cryoEM
structure determination

- Experience in model building and refinement

- Ability to maintain rigorous attention to detail and exceptional
organizational skills

- Ability to work and communicate with colleagues at all levels;

- Ability to work on multiple challenging tasks in a rapidly-paced
environment