[3dem] Postdoc in CryoEM/ET of endogenous Malaria parasites at Columbia University

Ho, Chi-Min ch3516 at cumc.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 30 09:40:39 PDT 2021

The Ho Lab has postdoctoral positions open for CryoEM of endogenous Malaria parasite protein complexes and in situ cryoET of Malaria parasite-infected human erythrocytes

We are seeking talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral scholars to join us in using single particle cryo electron microscopy and in situ cryo electron tomography to explore how membrane protein complexes mediate host-pathogen interactions in the Malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Projects will be focused on using cryoFIB milling and cryoET to directly visualize the host-pathogen interface in parasite-infected human red blood cells, as well as single-particle cryoEM structure determination of native membrane protein complexes purified directly from Malaria parasites. Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D in Biophysics, Structural Biology, Materials Science or Physics, with a strong background and proven track record in one or more of the following areas: FIB-SEM, cryoET, cryoEM, computer science. Our lab is located in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City, New York. More information here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cmholab.org_research&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Gyy8fPK9yrlCuHErhRRkpzuMt21NHs1u0b2zvGmB7zQ&s=gUx4qOKen-jZ5Mboh2Q9Rbk1wkSq00gfwkpgBLMLVJ8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cmholab.org_research&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Gyy8fPK9yrlCuHErhRRkpzuMt21NHs1u0b2zvGmB7zQ&s=gUx4qOKen-jZ5Mboh2Q9Rbk1wkSq00gfwkpgBLMLVJ8&e= >.

We are looking for innovative, resourceful and resilient scientists who enjoy learning new things, meeting new people, and being part of an open, collaborative team. Successful candidates will join a vibrant, collaborative research community and enjoy access to state-of-the-art electron microscopy facilities including multiple Titan Krios microscopes, a dual-beam Aquilos cryoFIB/SEM, and a Glacios screening microscope. If interested, please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Chi-Min Ho at ch3516 at cumc.columbia.edu<mailto:ch3516 at cumc.columbia.edu> and use this link below to apply: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__pa334.peopleadmin.com_postings_4512&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Gyy8fPK9yrlCuHErhRRkpzuMt21NHs1u0b2zvGmB7zQ&s=RaTm9c5c5w9EZ2csxn7Bpgvobj2q1bHupbXibIr35ec&e= . We're excited to meet you!

All the best,
~Mimi

Chi-Min Ho
Assistant Professor of Microbiology & Immunology
Columbia University, Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons

Columbia University Irving Medical Center
701 West 168th Street
Hammer Health Sciences Center
New York, NY 10032
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cmholab.org&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Gyy8fPK9yrlCuHErhRRkpzuMt21NHs1u0b2zvGmB7zQ&s=Ih36PBnu3PTvSt5u_82E_Cm_u-WWSq4GycckUC3eDIg&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cmholab.org&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Gyy8fPK9yrlCuHErhRRkpzuMt21NHs1u0b2zvGmB7zQ&s=Ih36PBnu3PTvSt5u_82E_Cm_u-WWSq4GycckUC3eDIg&e= >