[3dem] Postdoc position at Institut Pasteur - Structural biology of bacterial virulence factors

Matthijn VOS matthijn.vos at pasteur.fr
Wed Jun 2 14:27:54 PDT 2021

On behalve of Guillaume Dumenil, I like to draw your attention to the following exciting opportunity at Institut Pasteur in the center of Paris.

Matthijn Vos

Head NanoImaging Facility
Institut Pasteur

Dear 3DEM community,

A postdoctoral position is open at Institut Pasteur in Paris. The job offer can also be found there:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__research.pasteur.fr_en_job_postdoctoral-2Dposition-2Din-2Dstructural-2Dbiology-2Dof-2Dbacterial-2Dvirulence-2Dfactors_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Ltvbf5AM2YupC8itx7IMkxzvVezCONkJKV9OjofICTA&s=B6QlpfAaZU-nbM3FM4wHm4wonn-WmTNxZSLvNgJA6eA&e=

Infectious diseases remain a major concern to human health. Bacteria responsible for
systemic infections are a major burden to society and lead to a wide array of
devastating clinical manifestations including septic shock, hemorrhagic syndromes and
infection of the brain (meningitis). Determining the structure of the bacterial factors
responsible for these infections in particular by Cryo-Electron Microscopy is paramount
to the identification of novel therapeutic and preventive approaches.
We are looking for a highly motivated young investigator trained in the fields of
biochemistry and structural biology with the will to decipher mechanisms of infectious
diseases and develop innovative treatment strategies.
This research will take place in a young and dynamic group with a strong background
in infectious diseases studied through different approaches, biochemistry,
microbiology, cell biology and animal models of infection. The Institut Pasteur structural
biology department and core facilities in protein purification, crystallography and cryoelectron
microscopy will contribute to providing a stimulating environment for the
project.
This full-time position is for 2-3 years (subject to satisfactory review at 12 month), it will
be funded by an ANR grant. Informal inquiries are welcome and should be directed to
Dr Guillaume Dumenil at guillaume.dumenil at pasteur.fr. To apply please submit by
email a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names of two references to Dr Guillaume
Dumenil, INSERM U1225, Institut Pasteur Paris, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris,
France.

Best regards,

Guillaume Duménil

Guillaume Duménil
Institut Pasteur
Unité "Pathogenèse des infections vasculaires"
28 Rue du Dr Roux
75015 Paris
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__research.pasteur.fr_fr_team_pathogenesis-2Dof-2Dvascular-2Dinfections_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=Ltvbf5AM2YupC8itx7IMkxzvVezCONkJKV9OjofICTA&s=whJ013wvsxEO_WlAjs209_38o0h4wLpnACCDQCgOHwM&e=
Guillaume.dumenil at pasteur.fr
01 44 38 93 83