[3dem] postdoc fellowship in cryo-EM of virus replication, deadline 9 July

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Wed Jun 2 02:47:28 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
There’s an open postdoc fellowship in my group at Umeå University,
Sweden. The postdoc will use biochemistry and cryo-EM to study RNA virus
replication. But don’t worry, it’s not *that* RNA virus so the
successful candidate will be entitled to perks such as regular sleep and
enjoying the great outdoors of northern Sweden.

We are located in the same building as Umeå Centre for Electron
Microscopy where the postdoc will have ample access to all cryo-EM
hardware they may desire (Krios, Scios, CLEM, fully equipped sample prep
lab, etc). As importantly, the project is part of a collaborative
environment between four labs that together have expertise on the full
range from protein to organism level, including e.g. BSL3 virology work
and advanced light microscopy. There is thus plenty of opportunity to
expand the project in different directions. At the core of the project
is biochemistry and structural biology, so an ideal candidate would have
prior experience in those fields. But we are open to consider highly
motivated candidates with alternative backgrounds.

Deadline 9 July. Contact me in case of any questions.

info about the lab:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.carlsonlab.se_&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=0KtKqAThZdbKKKre0MHDC8910JM8SONDhzmCx39oiVU&s=7p2ImHMMsnas0lXG5-fntHXDSJik0gUJpcgdL8CuJpA&e=

more details about the application e.g. here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.researchgate.net_job_952880-5FPostdoc-5Ffellowship-5Fin-5Fcryo-2DEM-5Fstructural-5Fstudies-5Fof-5FRNA-5Fvirus-5Freplication&d=DwIDaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=0KtKqAThZdbKKKre0MHDC8910JM8SONDhzmCx39oiVU&s=49etUVva8TKHbLOgrUeWHKxYY8NdjX46ymTg76ZwsgM&e=

Best wishes,
Lars

--
Lars-Anders Carlson