[3dem] Postdoc position in Wolberger lab at Johns Hopkins

Cynthia Wolberger cwolberg at jhmi.edu
Mon Jul 26 07:29:52 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

A postdoctoral position is available in the Wolberger lab (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wolbergerlab.org&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=8ruwgwHf0JPhh8f8ZkC_EwXdJvFovpFTGvQSqh2z8iQ&s=7GbltOqNM86I0OWikDQLx_Qwb7-O-P8t6MzdWoJt9Jk&e= ) at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. We use single particle cryo-EM, biochemistry and cell-based assays to study mechanisms of gene regulation and ubiquitin signaling. Current projects include studies of the mechanism of cross-talk between ubiquitination and other histone modifications and discovery of novel inhibitors of histone-modifying enzymes. We have outstanding resources for cryo-EM, including a Titan Krios equipped with a Gatan K3 detector (about to be upgraded with a Falcon IV/Selectris), x-ray crystallography (single crystal and SAXS), biophysical interactions (ITC, AUC, MST, SEC-MALS) and biochemistry.

The Wolberger lab provides a highly collegial environment that emphasizes mentoring and career development. Postdoctoral fellows are expected to develop as independent scientists, and receive support in developing the necessary skills to successfully transition to positions in academia and industry. We also have an excellent track record of helping postdoctoral fellows and graduate students obtain independent fellowships.

Candidates should have recently received their Ph.D. or expect to complete their degree soon, and have a demonstrated record of publication (including preprints) and experience in purifying and analyzing macromolecular complexes. Experience in structure determination using cryo-EM, x-ray crystallography, or NMR spectroscopy is desirable but not required. To apply, please send your CV, brief statement of interest, and contact information for three reference to Cynthia Wolberger at cwolberg at jhmi.edu<mailto:cwolberg at jhmi.edu> .

Cynthia Wolberger, Ph.D.
Professor and Director
Dept. of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
725 N. Wolfe St., 714 WBSB
Baltimore, MD 21205-2185
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wolbergerlab.org&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=8ruwgwHf0JPhh8f8ZkC_EwXdJvFovpFTGvQSqh2z8iQ&s=7GbltOqNM86I0OWikDQLx_Qwb7-O-P8t6MzdWoJt9Jk&e=
Twitter: @cwolberger