[3dem] Subangstrom AutoGrid clipping station

James Streetley James.Streetley at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 11:23:30 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I’m wondering if anyone could share any experience on the Subangstrom grid clipping station: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__subangstrom.com_Sample-2DPreparation-3Fproduct-5Fid-3D102&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=_XdOBEqKoE38GQtuoibTbbjduZEvgpqZDgUdqVggqrI&s=a3ZpLCpUGbLZxu07Xk9htywFIppKsWLwZnv9u7P-3Sk&e=

As a facility with JEOL instruments, we have no experience with AutoGrids yet and no existing clipping station, but JEOL have produced adaptors for AutoGrids in their CRYO ARM series which we are interested in so will soon need a way of clipping grids.

Are many labs using the Subangstrom version or sticking with the original Thermo version? Any experience or advice gratefully received!

Thanks,
James

Dr James Streetley

SCMI Facility Manager
Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging
Sir Michael Stoker Building
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow
G61 1QH
United Kingdom

+44 141 330 4025 (office)
+44 141 330 7495 (microscope suite)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gla.ac.uk_researchinstitutes_iii_cvr_scmi_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=_XdOBEqKoE38GQtuoibTbbjduZEvgpqZDgUdqVggqrI&s=0-a0B-aSYmU9KvcVMoNQ6hKQCT8ypSYDV3rGgDgCpm4&e=