[3dem] ARISE fellowships for in situ structural biology

Julia Mahamid julia.mahamid at embl.de
Sat Jul 3 02:24:29 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

The EMBL has opportunities for fellows to join us in this exciting time for in situ structural biology. The ARISE program is particularly tailored for those interested to pursue a career path that would allow them to continue working at the bench, microscope, and in developing technologies towards future positions at facilities and service infrastructures. Our ARISE program offers outstanding training through working with EMBL-wide leading groups in cryo-electron microscopy/tomography, closely interfacing with core facilities and the new EMBL imaging center, combined with exposure to both academic and industry partners.

More information on the ARISE program can be found here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.embl.de_training_technology-2Ddevelopers-2Dprogramme_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=eLdRK7xNsZoeDgUOR-hohHTCX1giDdXud8PKbBy99Do&s=fsdnzma6QFsVmbe_qviD0PmfZ14YT0hUFf730Hm2hO8&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.embl.de_training_technology-2Ddevelopers-2Dprogramme_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=eLdRK7xNsZoeDgUOR-hohHTCX1giDdXud8PKbBy99Do&s=fsdnzma6QFsVmbe_qviD0PmfZ14YT0hUFf730Hm2hO8&e= >

We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues with proven experience in (cryo)-electron microscopy/tomography, and that have strong interest in developing methods for in situ structural to go beyond proof-of-principle applications on a broad range of biological model systems.

The call for the program will open later this fall. Please get in touch to discuss potential exciting directions.

Cheers, Julia

Julia Mahamid
Structural and Computational Biology Unit
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstrasse 1
69117 Heidelberg
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)6221 387 8451
julia.mahamid at embl.de
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.embl.de_research_units_scb_mahamid_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=eLdRK7xNsZoeDgUOR-hohHTCX1giDdXud8PKbBy99Do&s=3HRvMjh0OUO67MIaRgmFLBgFI3alQ8o-OOkWM2dhfKw&e=