[3dem] PostDoc opportunity at Genentech (Ciferri Lab - 4 years Fellow)

Claudio Ciferri ciferri.claudio at gene.com
Mon Feb 8 08:20:32 PST 2021

Dear All,

We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our cryo-EM
group in the Department of Structural Biology, to investigate protein
complexes involved in several disease areas, including Oncology, Infectious
Disease, Cancer Immunology, and Neurobiology. At Genentech, our
well-established cryo-EM group provides a unique opportunity for postdocs
to join our team. This will include state-of-the-art technology for
high-resolution data collection (2 Titan Krios equipped with Direct
Detector, Energy Filter and Volta Phase Plate & Glacios/Talos Screening
Microscope), a virtually unlimited computer cluster for data processing,
and the opportunity to be fostered in one of the most productive and
scientifically stimulating research environments.

*Who you are:*

   - Candidates must have a Ph.D. in structural biology, biochemistry,
   molecular biology, or a related field.

   - Expertise in protein purification, biophysical characterization, and
   structure determination of multi-protein complexes using X-ray
   crystallography and/or single-particle cryo-EM is required, as evidenced by
   a strong record of first-author publications in top peer-reviewed journals.

   - Experience in protein engineering along with biophysical
   characterization methods for protein-protein interactions, such as
   surface-plasmon resonance (SPR) or bio-layer interferometry (BLI), will be
   considered a plus.

   - Highly motivated and detail-oriented researcher, driven to solve
   complex scientific problems, and able to work both independently and in a
   collaborative environment.

   - Strong oral and written communication skills are required.

If interested, please apply directly here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/202102-102660__;!!Mih3wA!UZnDA5LmDu-fYYhHxwFSkGBRal_bEwgA75DKVkK8wa0sr_TeTVFJFcIAKd4xu5oGnA$ > or get in
touch for more information.

Best
Claudio