[3dem] Gatan cryo tool screw loose

Dan Richman d.e.richman at jhu.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:40:38 PST 2021

Hi 3DEMers,
I'm trying to use the Gatan cryo tool, screw-tip version (not the wings that pivot), and I'm finding that the screw tip itself rotates and thus retracts into the plastic tool body while trying to engage the screw into the STP Clipring threads. This makes it difficult to manipulate the clipring and easy for clipring to fall off. Is this a feature or a bug? Has anyone taken the drastic step of gluing the screw tip into a fixed position?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Richman, PhD   (he/him/his)