[3dem] PostDoc in CryoEM of Membrane Repair

Oliver Daumke oliver.daumke at mdc-berlin.de
Wed Dec 22 01:30:41 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

A two-year PostDoc position according to German pay grade 13, with the
possibility of extension, is immediately available in my group at the
Max-Delbrück-Center in Berlin in the area of ‘Structural biology of
membrane repair’. We study structure and function of membrane-associated
protein scaffolds; see references below, for some recent examples.

We offer a highly vibrant scientific environment, with state-of-the-art
infrastructure for structural biology, including setups for cryoEM (in
house TALOS L120C screening microscope and a Titan Krios, Aquilos
FIB-SEM, Leica CLEM within a brand new cryoEM facility on our campus)
and crystallography (robots, plate hotels, regular access to BESSY and
DESY synchrotrons). Numerous interactions with other structural biology,
cell biology and biophysical groups on our Campus in Berlin-Buch are
available.

You should hold a PhD in biochemistry/structural biology or closely
related areas, and have practical experience in cryo-EM (single particle
and/or cryo electron tomography).

Please send your application, including a short motivation letter and a
CV with publications, and further inquiries to
oliver.daumke at mdc-berlin.de. *
*