[3dem] strange ice pattern in grid

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Sat Dec 18 23:55:46 PST 2021

Hello
Indeed as Henning stated, its “Leopard ice”.
Are you using a side entry holder? It could be the clip ring holding down the grid is not tight, or the inner spring needs replacing. We also had issues with our Gatan 914 holder with Leopard ice that was only solved by having the holder serviced and the tip replaced. If it is an autoloader system, indeed it could be faulty clipping problems.
Good luck,
Sharon