[3dem] CryoEM scientist opportunity!

Rebecca Thompson R.F.Thompson at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 04:39:12 PST 2021

Dear all,

We have an opening for a cryoEM scientist in Astbury Biostructure Lab, University of Leeds<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.leeds.ac.uk_Vacancy.aspx-3Fref-3DFBSMB1208&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=b0eVAAokXsOUqhO0uC4oO6N5ASFtCNWNAO6owmWWG1I6QwcodHTcjPnk2Brzvc-O&s=UiYC3-00cMR95ABsE3RhXV7JIUxup1R6oEcqbK2YwhY&e= >. Deadline is 12th January.

The role will be embedded in the facility team and contributing to the day to day operations, assisting with exciting facility-led projects, including with external partners, from sample to structure.

These role will join a team of 5.5 lovely individuals working within the electron microscopy facility team, where we support a diverse range of research from across the University and beyond. We have two Titan Krios microscopes (with F4/selectris and F4/K2), 3 other TEM’s and a fully stocked lab in terms of ancillary equipment (cell culture, four flavours of glow discharge/plasma cleaner, AKTA, high pressure freezer, freeze substitution (cryo) ultramicrotome, Leica cryoCLEM system).

Leeds is a fantastic city with a vibrant cultural and restaurant scene and easy access to the beautiful Yorkshire countryside for excellent cycling and hiking. Plus, it has less average rainfall in a year than Rome (although I cant promise the same level of sunshine).

We’d love to hear from you, so please do get in contact if you are interesting in applying.

Best wishes,
Becky

Rebecca Thompson (She/her)
Head of Faculty Biological Sciences Research Facilities
Deputy Director, Astbury Biostructure Laboratory Electron Microscopy

 University of Leeds
Phone 0113 3433384/3438957 (office/Titan Krios control room)
Mobile 07816179813
Location Roger Stevens 5.40
Linkedin<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_1rebeccathompson_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=b0eVAAokXsOUqhO0uC4oO6N5ASFtCNWNAO6owmWWG1I6QwcodHTcjPnk2Brzvc-O&s=jYtYdtfYtRWt1bQDQwqSoRDvalv2IMfgsFrB00zhbjI&e= > Twitter<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_Bex-5F16&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=b0eVAAokXsOUqhO0uC4oO6N5ASFtCNWNAO6owmWWG1I6QwcodHTcjPnk2Brzvc-O&s=jmdwgRnFiusjETSZMM-S1MzN2kpATXsSxJYL7Bo1cbw&e= >

Sometimes I may send emails out of 'normal’ core working hours. I do not expect you to read, or respond outside of your own working hours!