[3dem] K3 CDS mode issue

Marcus FISLAGE Marcus.Fislage at vub.be
Fri Dec 17 02:54:01 PST 2021

Hi Daniel,

the stripes you have shown are familiar to me, if you made the gain reference at a different intensity than the actual images.
I.e. Your gain reference count was 8 e-/px/s and the beam intensity after your sample in thin/normal ice is around 8 e-/px/s you will not see them, but if you are then in thick ice and the intensity may only be 5 e/px/s, the stripes are obviously.
Our Gatan engineer told us that it is a scaling artefact error in Digital micrograph and that newer version would supposedly fix it. Therefore, you may want to check how old your DM version is, especially if you have an older K3.

Cheers
Marcus

______________________________________

Dr. Marcus Fislage

EM Manager

BECM
VIB-Center for Structural Biology
VUB (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Building P1T, room 0.01
Pleinlaan 2
1050 BRUSSELS

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.becm.be&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=OlJNfpqBfZZQs66YmoIoYZJWH3R8iidFeLu7zQQtMxh7auUXAqFzybHwr_37SmWP&s=6Okm7IiSzUJdIKNh7JFerjKeVdpt7ZYcbxhLsL70d2k&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.becm.be&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=OlJNfpqBfZZQs66YmoIoYZJWH3R8iidFeLu7zQQtMxh7auUXAqFzybHwr_37SmWP&s=6Okm7IiSzUJdIKNh7JFerjKeVdpt7ZYcbxhLsL70d2k&e= >