[3dem] Recommended parts list for 4x GPU workstation

Kilian Schnelle kilian.schnelle at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Dec 14 08:08:58 PST 2021

Do u want a workstation chassis or a server? Also depends how many hard drives u want to connect, which network interfaces etc..

Also a big point is the cooling design of the GPUs. If u can stack them without obstructing the fans you could maybe go with something like this:

Case: Phanteks P600S or EvolveX
Mainboard: ASRock TRX 40 Creator (also hast 10G onboard)
CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (you may want to count PCIe lanes though if it is enough)
Noctua/Be Quiet CPU cooler, (Noctua NH-U14S maybe)
1200-1600W Power Supply (I personally like the Super Flower ones)
M.2 Pcie 4.0 SSD for caching
Another M.2 or some Sata SSD for the OS
Other drives or network share
128-256GB RAM, 3200Mhz, CL16 (Corsair Vengeance LPX should fit with the Noctua cooler )
Some good case fans, Noctua for example has some industrial with 12V and high rpm, may want to set them to high in Bios.

Not saying this is the best just what comes into my mind. I also don’t know if u get this 4 GPUs stacked in a normal workstation without obstructing cooling if u don’t use water-cooling.

cheers
Kilian