[3dem] Postdoc position (in-situ structural biology) at the Rosalind Franklin Institute, UK

Grange, Michael (RFI,RAL,-) Michael.Grange at rfi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 09:01:21 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,
 A postdoctoral position is available in my group at the Rosalind Franklin Institute (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.rfi.ac.uk&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=C5PxLw2vuLvryk8Y4Z8k1HrtanUAHrs3CASQr5-YjmE&s=7K6J2T4CdbB84YHoyUGK50TjRbbrwnR67ydQbmUr8G4&e= ) on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire, UK. The successful applicant will establish workflows for the analysis of stem-cell or tissue-derived neuronal systems using FM, FIB/SEM and cryoET.

As part of an ongoing collaboration with Thermo Fisher, the structural biology theme hosts 2 dual-beam cryo-plasma FIB-SEM instruments (with extended capabilities) as well as a beyond-state-of-the-art Titan Krios G4 TEM designed with tomography in mind, and an array of ancillary FM/light microscopes. There are also a host of exciting TEMs being developed by the correlated imaging theme.

For more information about this post and to apply, please check out the following link: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__opportunities.rfi.ac.uk_vacancy_postdoctoral-2Dresearch-2Dassociate-2Din-2Dinsitu-2Dstructural-2Dbiology-2D454092.html&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=C5PxLw2vuLvryk8Y4Z8k1HrtanUAHrs3CASQr5-YjmE&s=lYr_MGHjKNxUzA3JpOSnkKkman4d3wHGAnrBHKXc30U&e=

The Rosalind Franklin Institute is a new national research centre in the UK, dedicated to driving disruptive technologies that bring about transformative changes in life sciences.

Please feel free to contact me with informal enquiries.
Best,
Michael

--
Michael Grange D.Phil.