[3dem] Gatan 626 part

David Michael Belnap David.Belnap at utah.edu
Mon Oct 19 06:24:59 PDT 2020

Eric,

You might also get your university’s machine shop to make something for you (or one nearby if your university doesn’t have one).

David

From: 3dem <3dem-bounces at ncmir.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Michael Elbaum <michael.elbaum at weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2:08 AM
To: Eric Hanssen <ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au>, "3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu" <3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [3dem] Gatan 626 part

Hi Eric,     my suggestion would be screw connectors for electrical wires, like in the photo. You can break off the plastic and cut it in half. They come quite small for lamps and cost next to nothing. Take care not to drive the rod too hard, though, because you may shear the tiny screw that holds the shield on the other end. The fancy Gatan knob also serves as a stopper for that.

regards,

Michael