[3dem] 48-month post-doctoral position in the cryoEM of mycobacterial respiratory enzymes at the University of York, UK

Jamie Blaza jamie.blaza at york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 03:24:44 PST 2020

Hi all,

A 48-month post-doctoral position is available in our group at the
University of York. We are working on the bioenergetics of mycobacteria,
which is interesting as the system is divergent from well-understood model
systems in addition to being a validated drug target for the treatment of
tuberculosis. We will shortly take possession of a Glacios+Falcon-IV for
grid optimisation and high-resolution imaging to enable the cryoEM work.

Importantly to distinguish us in the increasingly crowded cryoEM membrane
protein space, our lab is also applying and developing functional
biophysical methods and methods to measure energy flow noninvasively in
living cells, which will be tightly integrated with the structural work.

The length of the funding means it is suitable for a microbiologist to
learn cryoEM, or a structural biologist to learn microbiology.

Informal enquiries to me are welcome. You are also welcome to chat to
current lab members.

Application closing 11th December 2020, with the position starting as early
as 1st Feb 2021.

More details here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=426606__;!!Mih3wA!SESderZ6kdg2JA_qH5McWbNPMN_y0Ca-viustJkEBbE_2KlQkX98zstJE-K_NhZ0sQ$

--