[3dem] About dynamics

Carlos Oscar Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Tue May 26 02:21:24 PDT 2020

Dear Jay,

what we have observed is that image classification can be, especially
for small particles, a very unstable process, no matter which program
you use. You may even call the same program twice having remarkably
different results. What we are promoting is the use of "consensus"
classification: two particles go together in the same class if the two
particles have been consistently put together in multiple runs of the
same program, or even better, by different algorithms. We only believe
those classification results that have been replicated independently.

In Scipion there are easy ways to compute these intersections of sets,
but I am sure that this can also be performed in other programs.

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar