[3dem] Post Doc position : cryoEM

Natesh Ramanathan natesh at iisertvm.ac.in
Tue May 26 00:25:00 PDT 2020

Dear All,

      A postdoc position is available in my group at the School of Biology
(SoB), IISER Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), Kerala, INDIA. Our campus is
arguably one of the most picturesque in India (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.iisertvm__;!!Mih3wA!QjaJ6jI1V7NEPxkK1jXSt7n9h3pHgglfQcVRkPvSzJx-UISLd-fBVT6fu1NbtaPCMQ$
.ac.in/pages/campus), and is close to the excellent tropical mountain (e.g
Ponmudi).

      We are looking for a highly motivated, talented and self-driven
postdoctoral researcher to carry structural studies of the protein-protein,
protein-DNA and protein-drug complexes in order to understand the
structure, function and molecular mechanism of transcription
regulators in *Mycobacterium
spp*.  The postdoctoral position is funded by Institute Fellowship.  You
will be working on a project funded by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and
Development, Government of India).  More information about our research and
training can be found at our lab page here
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://faculty.iisertvm.ac.in/natesh/__;!!Mih3wA!QjaJ6jI1V7NEPxkK1jXSt7n9h3pHgglfQcVRkPvSzJx-UISLd-fBVT6fu1MFQt_kfw$ .

         You will be part of a friendly and supportive team working on
challenging projects using single-particle cryoEM and Protein
Crystallography(PX) and will benefit from additional interactions with the
wider scientific community and excellent scientific facilities and training
opportunities at IISER-TVM.

        You should have a PhD (preferably fresh PhD candidate) or with
maximum 1 or 2 years of postdoctoral experience with a strong background in
protein biochemistry, molecular biology, structural biology or related
field. Applicants with experience in protein expression purification,
single-particle cryoEM and/or Protein crystallography is highly desirable.
Expertise with insect cell line expression system/cryo cellular tomography
will be an added advantage, but not necessary. If the candidate
has expertise in PX and is interested in getting trained in cryoEM you
are encouraged to apply.  The candidate should have excellent communication
skills, and be comfortable working collaboratively with other lab members.

     The individual will receive a competitive salary with On-campus
housing and work in an excellent environment.

Deadline for applications is 9th of June 2020.

For informal enquires please contact Dr Ramanathan Natesh at the email ID
natesh at iisertvm.ac.in.

JOB details:

Postdoctoral position fixed term 3 years (1 year + 2 years.  Based on
performance after 1 year, the position can be extended to 2 more years ).

Age limit is 32 years at the time of application.

Institute Fellowship amount: INR 55,000. pm  (On-campus housing will be
provided).

Qualified applicants should submit a CV along with a list of publications
and research interests, a cover letter summarizing research experience, a
research proposal (Max. 3 to 4 pages) and the names of three references to
Dr. Ramanathan Natesh (natesh at iisertvm.ac.in).  Applications will be
reviewed upon receipt. The start date for the position is tentatively
August 2020 or as early as possible.

Best regards,
Natesh
"Live Simply and do Serious Things .. "
- Dorothy Mary Crowfoot Hodgkin OM, FRS

"In Science truth always wins"
- Max Ferdinand Perutz OM FRS
Dr. Ramanathan Natesh
Assistant Professor,
School of Biology,
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
(IISER-TVM),
Maruthamala P.O., Vithura,
Thiruvananthapuram,  695551, Kerala, India

natesh at iisertvm.ac.in
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-4488-2008__;!!Mih3wA!QjaJ6jI1V7NEPxkK1jXSt7n9h3pHgglfQcVRkPvSzJx-UISLd-fBVT6fu1N5_C27xA$
ORCID: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1145-5962__;!!Mih3wA!QjaJ6jI1V7NEPxkK1jXSt7n9h3pHgglfQcVRkPvSzJx-UISLd-fBVT6fu1PRiKtYbg$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://publons.com/author/1520837/ramanathan-natesh*profile__;Iw!!Mih3wA!QjaJ6jI1V7NEPxkK1jXSt7n9h3pHgglfQcVRkPvSzJx-UISLd-fBVT6fu1OYQZrzeg$