[3dem] GPCR specimen preparation and drug design webinar

Radjainia, Mazdak mazdak.radjainia at thermofisher.com
Tue May 19 02:59:31 PDT 2020

Dear 3DEMers,

As part of our "GPCR Cryo-EM and Drug Design" collaboration with Patrick Sexton at Monash University, we aim to provide workflows that are suitable for industry in terms of success rate, timeliness and resolution. Our first white paper focuses on preparation of grids. Please note how much emphasis is placed on protein quality prior to freezing. You may also find that targeted particle density, blot force and blot time go against the canon:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://images.em.thermofisher.com/Web/ThermoFisherMSD/*7Bfd5edbd2-e4ad-4450-b75f-bd8007b2022c*7D_WP0017_EN-04-2020_GPCR_WP_WEB.pdf?__;JSU!!Mih3wA!SIbBgrae-uLCKoH0eCXKixI0EuMQwoy50KAqv2RV89QIhOstfPrgvKCggL6MVi9FyQ$

Latest tally of this protocol is 49 structures in as many sessions, data collection days from about the same number of grids. Routinely achieving 2.1-2.5A resolution spells good news for structure based drug discovery of GPCRs and is perhaps reminiscent of the structure disruption crystallography brought to kinases. We're therefore excited to host a GPCR cryo-EM and drug design webinar on May 27th featuring Monash researcher Matt Belousoff and Sosei Heptares Head of Biophysics Stacey Southall:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sciencemag.org/custom-publishing/webinars/harnessing-cryo-em-investigate-gpcr-structure-and-discover-new-medicines__;!!Mih3wA!SIbBgrae-uLCKoH0eCXKixI0EuMQwoy50KAqv2RV89QIhOstfPrgvKCggL7BTKEKpQ$

Really hope that you'll find both contents useful to your endeavors and highly appreciate if you can forward the webinar link to any GPCR folks who have yet to step into the light of structural biology.

Best wishes
Mazdak

Mazdak Radjainia, PhD | Staff Scientist Cryo-EM Pharma
Materials and Structural Analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Achtseweg Noord 5, 5651 GG Eindhoven
The Netherlands
+31 610585016

Interested in GPCR Cryo-EM & Drug Design<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home/global/forms/industrial/gpcr-cryo-em-and-drug-design.html__;!!Mih3wA!SIbBgrae-uLCKoH0eCXKixI0EuMQwoy50KAqv2RV89QIhOstfPrgvKCggL5dyO0YVQ$ >?