[3dem] PhD position

Briegel, A. a.briegel at biology.leidenuniv.nl
Wed May 6 02:04:43 PDT 2020

Dear 3DEM community,

we have a PhD position available to study the  morphological characteristics of endophytic bacteria compared to their free-living states, and to unravel the molecular machinery involved in the interspecies interactions. We use electron cryo-tomography, combined with correlative light- and electron microscopies and focused ion beam milling to study the biological samples three-dimensionally at the molecular level. This project is part of a recently funded NWO groot consortium grant. We will closely interact with the other consortium partners that provide expertise in plant microbiomes, microbiology, microbial ecology, natural product chemistry, and computational biology.
For more information and to apply, please follow the link below.
With best wishes,
Ariane Briegel

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/vacatures/2020/q2/20-206-phd-student-structural-basis-of-endophyte-interactions-with-their-plant-host__;!!Mih3wA!SQmSIBz_PvfniDS0KvtHxMYZ3VTKI3cmTdTWz_e6n-eVhybadyLUo9mY-2J87YcSuw$

Ariane Briegel
Professor
Leiden University
Sylvius Laboratorium