[3dem] Membrane protein structure: orientation issue

Christopher Aylett chsaylett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:22:36 PDT 2020

Hi Philip,

This is why single particle analysis is a local minimisation dependent on the initial model used. The assigned orientations are based on this initial input, and providing Fourier space is well-sampled and the input is within the correct local minimum, the angular assignment and calculated 3D structure will converge.

Best wishes,

Chris

****