[3dem] Covid19 and cryo-EM

Jose Maria Carazo carazo at cnb.csic.es
Mon Mar 23 06:47:19 PDT 2020

Dear David, Dear all,

Certainly, we should make clear that our infrastructures are open and ready
for the challange

Indeed, let me re.iterate something you already know. Instruct (the
European Research Infrastructure for Structural Biology) is offering its
Platforms in a priority manner for Covib19 projects

Please, look at the Instruct Catalogue at:

 Instruct’s technology catalogue
<http://email.mail.aria.services/c/eJw1jbEOgjAURb-GbpJSC4Whg4mixhiMi2F8PEqptiClDPy9LCZ3ODnJyW1l3gggRk63d00fL60n4csp6U6VpVdbrU6HR_s88rI_310xNmsdcWqGOfgFQ4Y-Ib2EpmAZ7QA5xZQBEyKFvO0STKjIGRTEyj6E7xztDxErt_37nfIGY7VsKnjAj_IbXQZXc0u8RAtLa8CqYbvUDoyNcXQ_IiM6PQ>

Unfortunately, the situation is such that none of these Platforms is
"operating as usual", but if you feel any of them may be of help in your
Covib19 research, please contact Instruct coordination at:

admin at instruct-eric.eu.

With best wishes... JM Carazo

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:12 AM David Bhella <David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Another consideration might be to make your computational resources
> available for data analysis related to COVID19. We have made our GPU
> cluster available to our bioinformaticians for base-calling nanopore
> sequence data. Centres engaged in ramping up their sequencing throughput
> may not have the computational resources to match their data output.
>
> D.
>
> David Bhella
> Professor of Structural Virology
> Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging
>
> MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
> Sir Michael Stoker Building
> Garscube Campus
> 464 Bearsden Road
> Glasgow G61 1QH
> Scotland (UK)
>
> Telephone:  0141-330-3685
> Skype: d.bhella
>
> On 23 Mar 2020, at 08:11, plisson celia <celiapliss at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I think a lot of us are wondering how to be useful during this crisis; a
> couple of researchers from our institute (and beyond) have set up a
> Covid-19 crowdfighting platform: crowdfightcovid19.org; if you are
> interested in joining us, please find informations and contacts below.
>
> best regards to all, stay safe
> Celia
>
> --
> Dr Célia Plisson-Chastang, PhD, HDR
> Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire Eucaryote - CBI
> UMR CNRS 5099-Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III
> Bâtiment IBCG, 118 Route de Narbonne
> 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France
> Telephone  : +33(0)5 61 33 59 50
> Fax : +33(0)5 61 33 58 86
>

> Hi,
>
> We are a platform aiming to redirect scientific resources towards the
> fight against COVID-19 (crowdfightcovid19.org). This platform has two
> sides:
>
> - For scientists at all levels of their career, even if they work in
> fields completely unrelated to COVID-19: They simply need to fill a form,
> so that we can be in contact if we need their help. If we need it, it can
> be as simple as answering a question related to their discipline, but there
> are also many other tasks that we may request. There is no commitment at
> this point, and it takes 5 minutes to sign up.
>
> - For researchers who are already working on COVID-19: They can ask us to
> perform any task for them, for free. These tasks can include labor
> intensive tasks (annotating data, analyzing images manually, etc.),
> answering questions (from simple questions about a protocol, for example,
> to general research questions), or setting up new techniques for them.
> Everything is coordinated by scientists highly skilled in the field of
> interest, so the input we need from them will be kept to a minimum.
>
> Please, have a look to our platform (crowdfightcovid19.org) and sign up
> if you want!
>
> And also help us disseminate this initiative, please!
>
> Crowdfight COVID-19
> [...]

Prof. Jose-Maria Carazo
Biocomputing Unit, Head,
Instruct cryoEM Image Processing Center (I2PC), Director
Spanish National Center for Biotechnology, CNB-CSIC
Darwin 3, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
28049 Madrid, Spain

Cell: +34639197980