[3dem] [ext] Spots in micrographs

Schacherl, Magdalena magdalena.schacherl at charite.de
Fri Mar 20 09:33:28 PDT 2020

Hi Saumya

Did you check the same grids with another protein (e.g. apoferritin) in another buffer (but same blotting paper, same water source for the humidifier, etc.)?

We used to have the same problem very occasionally with our old Vitrobot Mark II (see attached micrograph). We think (but do not have the final proof) that it could have been a problem with the humidifier.

Good luck with future grids.

Best regards,
Magdalena