[3dem] Insertion of Holder 626

Simpson, Paul A paul.simpson at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 02:12:27 PDT 2020

Hi All

Imperials solution to the vacuum crashing problem during cryo-holder insertion was to replace the Viton orings with non-spec size, 8.4 x 2.1mm.

We ordered various oring sizes from Polymax and eventually found 8.4 x 2.1mm to be the best suiter in terms of no FFT cut-off and successful insertions/retractions.  We have now fitted this size to all 626's including the Elsa and vacuum crashes are a thing of the past!

Good luck, be safe.

Paul