[3dem] 3rd Annual Summer Workshop in Cryo-EM Image Processing

Michael Cianfrocco mcianfro at umich.edu
Mon Mar 9 06:16:33 PDT 2020

Dear cryo-EM community,

We are excited to invite applications for our 3rd annual summer workshop in
cryo-EM data processing at the University of Michigan:

http://myumi.ch/lsi-cryo-2020

This hands-on workshop is targeted to members of the cryo-EM community who
are learning how to process data. To this end, we have designed this
workshop to help participants who will bring their own data and have begun
data analysis. Each participant will be given a dedicated machine on Amazon
Web Services where they will be able to run RELION, cisTEM, cryoSPARC, and
Phenix. We are excited that developers and expert users of cryo-EM software
programs will be present to go through basic and advanced analysis for
cryo-EM structure determination, and are accessible for asking questions
during the workshop.

This workshop will be held at the University of Michigan from June 7-11,
2020 and we will be accepting applications until March 31st.

*Instructors:*
Dr. Michael Cianfrocco, University of Michigan
Dr. Melanie Ohi, University of Michigan

*Lecturers:*
RELION - Dr. Xiaochen Bai (UT Southwestern)
cisTEM - Dr. Tim Grant (UW Madison)
cryoSPARC - Dr. Ali Punjani (University of Toronto)
Phenix - Dr. Paul Adams (UC Berkeley) & Dr. Pavel Afonine (UC Berkeley)

*Invited presenters: *
Dr. Elizabeth Kellogg (Cornell University)
Dr. Melody Campbell (UCSF)
Dr. Christopher Barnes (Caltech)
Dr. Jennifer Cash (University of Michigan)

Please apply (and share broadly) and we look forward to seeing you!
Mike Cianfrocco & Melanie Ohi

Michael A. Cianfrocco, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Chemistry
Research Assistant Professor, Life Sciences Institute
University of Michigan
Pronouns: he, him, his