[3dem] cryoGEnic 2020 symposium

Andreas Boland Andreas.Boland at unige.ch
Fri Jun 26 17:40:02 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

We hope that you are all doing well during this difficult period of time and that you are able to deal with the current pandemic as good as possible.

Unfortunately a lot of exciting meetings that bring together the entire cryoEM and Structural Biology community had to be cancelled in 2020 due to the Corona virus situation. However, the recent positive developments especially in Switzerland, but also all over Europe, have made us cautiously optimistic that our planned symposium at the University of Geneva may take place in person on November the 6th, 2020.

Therefore we are happy to announce today our cryoGEnic 2020 symposium:

"Advances in Electron Microscopy – Single Particle Analysis, Electron Diffraction & Cellular Tomography”,

As of today, the meeting is planned as an in-person meeting, however given the uncertainty of the current situation the final format still needs to be determined (i.e. some speakers are connected virtually or a full virtual symposium, etc).
The symposium will be free of charge, but all people that are planning to attend the symposium in Geneva are asked to register, in order to facilitate careful planning to mitigate the spread of the virus, provide enough food and drinks for lunch, etc.
Importantly, the number of participants maybe limited and slots will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. We thank you for your understanding and hope to see many of you in November in Geneva.

Full details about the meeting can be found in the following link:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryogenic-symposium-2020.unige.ch/__;!!Mih3wA!SM0CxpbU9F-CdFdrXQcHNxljwTSKdIbDRmwIVjmWb2JebCVDpyQEkhdh51ox08AN_g$

Confirmed speakers:

Ana Casanal  MRC-LMB Cambridge
Jacques Dubochet University of Lausanne
Tamir Gonen Howard Hughes Medical Institute at UCLA
Wanda Kukulski University of Bern
Gabe Lander The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla
Cristina Paulino University of Groningen
Martin Pilhofer ETH Zürich
Brenda Schulman  Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried
Henning Stahlberg  EPFL, Lausanne
Rebecca Thompson The Astbury Centre, University of Leeds
Nigel Unwin  MRC-LMB Cambridge
Jasenko Zivanov MRC-LMB Cambridge and EPFL, Lausanne
Benoît Zuber University of Bern

With kinds regards,

Andreas Boland
Paul Guichard