[3dem] magnification question

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 23 10:50:12 PDT 2020

Hi,

    Does anyone happen to know whether the magnifications reported by a Talos Artica are supposed to be "mag on the viewing screen" or "mag at the film plane"?  We clearly have a serious issue with the calibrated magnifications on our microscope, but I just recalibrated it and got more or less the same lousy magnifications.  I'm trying to understand our issues, and knowing what the microscope thinks it is reporting would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047E Simon Hall