[3dem] Facility manager position at UT Austin

Jason McLellan jmclellan at austin.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 15 09:29:54 PDT 2020

Dear 3DEM community,

The Department of Molecular Biosciences at The University of Texas at Austin is currently seeking a manager for our cryo-EM facility. The new facility houses a Titan Krios equipped with a K3 detector and a Talos equipped with a K2 detector. We are looking for an experienced electron microscopist, preferably familiar with the operation of a Krios. The facility manager will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of instruments and training. We also anticipate the manager will have opportunities to be a co-PI on collaborative projects and pursue their own research interests. Salary and benefits will be extremely competitive.

The Department of Molecular Biosciences is a diverse, collaborative, friendly community of scientists researching topics ranging from systems to molecules. UT Austin is the flagship university of the University of Texas. It is home to ~40,000 undergraduates and ~12,000 graduate students. Austin is a vibrant city with great social, music, and outdoor scenes. It is considered one of the best cities in America to live and work in.

Please apply using the following website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UTstaff/job/UT-MAIN-CAMPUS/Research-Associate_R_00007934__;!!Mih3wA!TbpVAtKyqypZiQdLkdWzlsX7gtTWA4v6tjPQfwDLqJTUi7N7M4xvO9MW5mooihAPww$

Inquiries can be directed to department chair Daniel Leahy (dleahy at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:dleahy at austin.utexas.edu>), David Taylor (dtaylor at utexas.edu<mailto:dtaylor at utexas.edu>), or myself  (jmclellan at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:jmclellan at austin.utexas.edu>).

Jason S. McLellan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Molecular Biosciences
The University of Texas at Austin