[3dem] Postdoctoral position at the ISMB UK -Redox regulated processes (X-ray and Cryo-EM)-

jerome.gouge ccp4bb jerome.gouge.ccp4bb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:17:07 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

I would like to bring to your attention a postdoctoral position available
at the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology in London, UK. The
Gouge lab (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.bbk.ac.uk/biology/our-staff/academic/jerome-gouge__;!!Mih3wA!QtOFabLkcWxCIGgoG2-h3mODxj2r3j7LvPzuvWrFcuH1YssfZvN6wv_FsgnnsxcGXw$ ) is
interested in fundamental processes regulating redox homeostasis. You will
be involved in molecular and structural characterisation of large
macromolecular complexes using cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray
crystallography. This project presents unique opportunities to gain
insights into basic mechanisms responsible for maintaining redox
homeostasis, which can be deregulated in human diseases ((
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26638071__;!!Mih3wA!QtOFabLkcWxCIGgoG2-h3mODxj2r3j7LvPzuvWrFcuH1YssfZvN6wv_FsgkuU5r0Cg$  and
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28854119__;!!Mih3wA!QtOFabLkcWxCIGgoG2-h3mODxj2r3j7LvPzuvWrFcuH1YssfZvN6wv_FsgmFaWXWfg$ ).

We are seeking a motivated and talented Postdoctoral Research Assistant to
elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying the activation and regulation
of the oxidative stress response.

The ISMB (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ismb.lon.ac.uk/electron-microscopy__;!!Mih3wA!QtOFabLkcWxCIGgoG2-h3mODxj2r3j7LvPzuvWrFcuH1YssfZvN6wv_FsgkHuuxSGQ$ ) is equipped with
state-of-the-art Structural Biology facilities, including screening
microscopes and a Titan Krios with a K3 camera.

Applicants should have a PhD, or about to be awarded, in Structural
Biology, Biochemistry or Biophysics, and have relevant research
publications.

For informal enquiries, please contact me (j.gouge at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk).
To apply, please use the following link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cis7.bbk.ac.uk/vacancy/postdoctoral-research-fellow-416948.html__;!!Mih3wA!QtOFabLkcWxCIGgoG2-h3mODxj2r3j7LvPzuvWrFcuH1YssfZvN6wv_Fsglgqt-Dwg$ .
The deadline is the 23rd of August, interviews will be held at the
beginning of September.

Best regards,

Jerome