[3dem] questions w.r.t. digital micrograph

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Fri Jul 17 00:12:13 PDT 2020

Hello Guenter,

I was worried it could be something like the system uptime. Maybe I'll
use GetCurrentTime instead. second-precision should be fine, the
rotation rate has been very constant.

Best wishes,
Tim

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 22:13:36 +0200
Guenter Resch <lists at nexperion.net> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> > 1) GetOSTickCount() returns some milliseconds (according to
> > GetOSTicksPerSecond() == 1000). Is there any relationship to
> > GetCurrentTime()?
>
> My guess is that the OS tick count is the time since the system was
> started in milliseconds, so it could be useful to measure time
> differences rather than absolute time.
>
> On 32 bit Windows systems, this counter overflows quite frequently,
> wrapping it around to 0; on Windows 64 bit there is a 64 bit variant
> of this value available.
>
> Best regards,
>
> 	Guenter

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A