[3dem] questions w.r.t. digital micrograph

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Thu Jul 16 12:04:55 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I am using a digital micrograph script with a CM200 (LaB6) TEM to
record the value of the alpha-angle with time.

I have a couple of questions about DM functions for which I couldn't
find answer on the web, yet:

1) GetOSTickCount() returns some milliseconds (according to
GetOSTicksPerSecond() == 1000). Is there any relationship to
GetCurrentTime()?
One result today gave
Date: Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2020 19:16:04
and the first OSTickCount immediatley after returned 43291453, i.e.
about 12h, 91s.

Some source on the web says "Number GetOSTickCount( )
    Return a tick count appropriate for the operating system. "
This is a Windows Computer, so 'not useful at all' might be appropriate
for the operating system, but maybe there is some back-door meaning.

2) Can I get the current camera lenght? I would like to add e.g. 'D190'
or 'D500' (in diffraction mode) to the file name the script creates.

Best regards,
Tim
Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A