[3dem] GPU for GATAN PC

Craig Yoshioka yoshiokc at ohsu.edu
Wed Jul 1 08:28:08 PDT 2020

I’ve installed 980 -> 1070 -> 1080 in the K2 PCs before.

The main issues are where to fit a double-width GPU in this box and only having two 6-pin power cable free (at least in our chassis) which isn’t enough Watts for some GPUs.

Second issue is the latency between slots and CPUs aren’t the same, so ff you move any of the network cards for the camera to make room for the GPU, you will likely have to modify the CPU to camera network connection mappings in DM.

It’s been a while since I did this, but it looks like there is documentation on the SerialEM site (thanks David!)

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bio3d.colorado.edu/SerialEM/betaHlp/html/setting_up_serialem.htm*adding_nvidia__;Iw!!Mih3wA!UzQSr3XfpvYyMwZKLBZB-q7S4uokj9X25o47w2sE700KiOHs23lBp0oECvxUPaHuRA$