[3dem] Gatan CT3500 cryo transfer holder - baking temperature

Kochovski, Zdravko zdravko.kochovski at helmholtz-berlin.de
Wed Jan 29 10:48:13 PST 2020

Dear all,

We recently got a hold of an old Gatan CT3500 TR (tolt rotate) cryo-transfer holder and I am trying to find out any information about the baking temperature. As the manual that we got with the holder doesn't mention anything about baking temperature I tried looking up online and I only found one lab manual where they bake their CT3500 holder at 55°C as opposed to the standard 100°C that are used for either the 914 or 626 holders, which seems pretty low. I guess there is some reason behind that but I was hoping someone more experienced with a CT3500 holder could help us out.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Zdravko

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Dr. Volkmar Dietz, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Jutta Koch-Unterseher
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Bernd Rech (Sprecher), Prof. Dr. Jan Lüning, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin