[3dem] 2020 3DEM GRC announcement

Sharon G Wolf Sharon.Wolf at weizmann.ac.il
Sat Jan 4 23:23:35 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The 2020 3DEM GRC will be held June 21 to 26, at the Rey Don Jaime Grand Hotel in Castelldefels, Spain. The preliminary program is online.

https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-conference/2020/

Although the deadline for applications is May 24th, the conference will be oversubscribed long before then. There are already many applications. It is best to apply very soon, as the acceptance process is happening in the next coming weeks. Applications will not be accepted based on the order in which they were received.  I will do my best to maintain a diversified attendance (geography, gender, affiliation, academic status, seniority, academe/industry, etc).
In your application, please be sure to provide information on your activities relevant to this meeting, and a poster title (not “TBD”).
I encourage those of you who have already applied to add or update the titles for your poster submissions and your activities. There will be two evening sessions of selected poster talks, with speakers chosen by a committee of judges during the poster sessions.
The GRC meeting starts in the evening of June 21st (Sunday) and finishes after breakfast on the 26th (Friday). For those accepted to attend, I hope you plan to stay for the entire meeting.

Important note about the associated GRS (Gordon Research Symposium) for early-stage researchers, postdocs and students:
The application process for the GRS is entirely separate from the GRC application process. Acceptance to one meeting does not guarantee or endanger acceptance to the other.

Best wishes, and happy new year,
Sharon
---------------------------------------
Dr. Sharon Grayer Wolf
Golde and Shimon Picker Research Fellow Chair in Electron Microscopy
Head, Electron Microscopy Unit
Weizmann Institute of Science
234 Herzl St., Rehovot 76100
Israel