[3dem] feedback on Gatan Elsa cryoholder

Artemis Kosta artemiskosta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:46:21 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,
I would like to ask your feedback about the Gatan Elsa cryoholder, if you
had the chance to use it. I know that back in 2017 there were problems, but
I was wondering what people think after 3 years of experience and maybe
Gatan made some improvements?

I realise that my question might sound "original" at the era of
"autoloaders" etc but  we are seriously thinking of buying one new side
entry cryoholder for our FEI Tecnai 200KV with greater autonomy and
stability to use it as an alternative to the current Gatan 626.

Best regards
Artemis

PS If you have a 626 Gatan with its tools customized for a Tecnai 200KV to
donate (very complicated administratively to buy a used holder) please let
me know also.

--
Artemis Kosta
Service de microscopie