[3dem] Friday Feb. 21, 2020: hard deadline for paper submission for M&M 2020, Milwaukee, WI

Teresa Ruiz Teresa.Ruiz at uvm.edu
Wed Feb 5 08:47:27 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The *hard* deadline for paper submission for Microscopy & Microanalysis
2020 that will be held in Milwaukee WI from August 2-6 2020, is Friday
Feb. 21, 11:59 PM US Pacific time. We look forward to reading your
abstracts. Here is the link for the submission website:

https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=AKMWPRYI

We would like to bring to your attention a few symposia of interest at
the upcoming M&M 2020.

*B01 - 3D Structures: From Macromolecular Assemblies to Whole Cells
(3DEM FIG).*Organizers: Melanie Ohi, Debbie Kelly, Teresa Ruiz and
William Rice.

• Structure and function of macromolecular complexes in vitro and in vivo

• Single particle cryo-electron microscopy

• Cryo-electron tomography

• Correlated light and electron microscopy (CLEM)

*B02 - The Promise of Cryo-Electron Tomography.*Organizers: Tommi A.
White, Wim Hagen and Cheri Hampton.

• Sample preparation

• Data collection

• Data processing and management

• New developments

*B04 - Jim Pawley Memorial Symposium. *Organizers: Martin Wessendorf and
Elizabeth Wright.

• Correlational microscopy

• Super-resolution microscopy

• Electron microscopy

*B05 - Microbes in Focus.*Organizers: Elizabeth Wright and Kristin Parent.

• Microbe architecture and function

• Microbe-host interactions

• Species diversity in microbial communities and community structure and
function

• Interactions, signaling, and sensing in microbial communities.

*B09 - Image Processing Developments in Cryo-EM.*Organizers: Michael
Cianfrocco and Tim Grant.

• Deep learning

• Automated processing pipelines

• Subtomogram averaging

• Dealing with heterogeneity

• Atomic modeling into cryo-EM maps

Check here the whole program:

https://www.microscopy.org/MandM/2020/program/descriptions.cfm

There are also interesting short courses Sunday before the meeting and
tutorials during the meeting, check it out.

https://www.microscopy.org/MandM/2020/program/CallforSubmissions.pdf

This is a great educational and networking meeting for the entire
microscopy community. Students can benefit from a reduced registration
fee ($50.00), as well as Post-doctoral researchers ($195.00) and both
will have ample opportunities to receive awards either before the
meeting (make sure to check the corresponding box during submission) or
during the poster session (for students). For more information go to:

https://www.microscopy.org/MandM/2020/

We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting.

Sincerely,

Melanie, Debbie, Teresa and Bill.

--
Teresa Ruiz, Ph.D.