[3dem] what is the ideal B factor?

Alexis Rohou a.rohou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:05:47 PDT 2020

Thank you Carlos Oscar for summarizing your work so succinctly!

I just would like to pick up on your concluding sentence:

In conclusion, from my point of view, there is not an optimal decay valid
> for all proteins, but it depends on each specific protein. And the shape of
> the decay is not a straight line, but arbitrary depending on its shape.

If your point of view is correct, this implies that ResLog plots and the
resulting B factors should not be compared to each other if they were
obtained from images of different proteins. This would be quite a departure
from the field's consensus.

Cheers,
Alexis