[3dem] Postdoc, Higher Scientific Officer and PhD positions in cryo-EM

Claudio Alfieri claudio.alfieri at icr.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 13:31:29 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I have open positions for Postdoc, Higher Scientific Officer and PhD in my lab in London at the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR).

We are focused on cryo-EM of macromolecular complexes involved in cell cycle regulation (Alfieri et al 2018 Nature; Alfieri & Chang et al Nature 2016).

The Division of Structural Biology at ICR has managed facilities for protein production, multi-subunit expression (insect cell, yeast and bacterial expression, including a 60-litre fermentor), protein crystallography (crystallisation robots, Bruker Microstar and CCD detector) and cryo-electron microscopy (FEI Tecnai T12 and F20). The installation of a state-of-the-art FEI Glacios/Falcon 3 cryo-electron microscope is currently in progress. Regular access to shared cryo-EM facilities, such as eBIC, is available. Moreover, the Institute of Cancer Research is part of the London Consortium for Cryo-EM, hosting an FEI Titan Krios cryo-electron microscope equipped with a Volta phase plate, a Gatan Bioquantum energy filter and K3 detector. The Division is also well-equipped with instrumentation for biophysical analysis (e.g. ITC, fluorescence, multi-angle light scattering).

Please find the links to the postings here:

https://icr.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/883-Postdoctoral-Training-Fellow-Molecular-mechanisms-of-cell-cycle-regulation/en-GB

https://icr.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/882-Higher-Scientific-Officer-Molecular-mechanisms-of-cell-cycle-regulation/en-GB

https://www.icr.ac.uk/studying-and-training/phds-for-science-graduates/phd-studentship-projects

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Claudio

?Claudio Alfieri

The Institute of Cancer Research
Chester Beatty Laboratories,
237 Fulham Rd, Chelsea,
London SW3 6JB?
+442071535087?

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.