[3dem] 2nd Annual North Atlantic Microscopy Society (NAMS) Symposium. Nov. 1, 2019 at Princeton University

Paul P. Shao pshao at princeton.edu
Mon Oct 21 04:49:44 PDT 2019

Dear All,

Last year, we were pleasantly surprised by the turnout of our inaugural symposium for the North Atlantic Microscopy Society (NAMS). Scientists and laypeople alike came to learn and mingle.

Edwin Hubble famously said, "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science." We believe that some of this exploratory instinct has been muted lately by our disciplinary silos. Individually, we have become exceptional in our specialties and do not take moments to appreciate the many discoveries happening across the entire spectrum of science.

Our mission is to bridge these silos through the lens of microscopy. We seek to achieve this mission by promoting microscopy education, stimulating networking among microscopists, and disseminating microscopy knowledge and skills to the public in the region.

We invite you to attend our 2nd Annual Symposium on November 1st, 2019 at Princeton University at this one-day event where we hope to educate and entertain.

https://namsmicroscopy.com/meeting-registration

Major topics this year include:
- Big Data - Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Cryo Electron Microscopy
- Super Resolution Light Microscopy

We are excited by this opportunity and hope that you can join us!

All the best,
Gary Laevsky, Paul Shao, Shawn Davidson. Organizing Committee