[3dem] PhD studentship at Umeå University, Sweden -- deadline 28 October

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Fri Oct 18 10:09:02 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,
On behalf of my colleague Richard Lundmark I am advertising a fully
funded PhD student position at Umeå University, Sweden. There is a
component of self interest in me passing this on since part of the
research is a collaboration with my group. In any case, Richard
describes the project as follows:

"This PhD project aims at applying cryo-electron microscopy and
correlative imaging techniques to resolve the structural composition of
replication compartments formed by tick-borne encephalitis virus in
cells. Special focus is given to focused ion-beam (FIB) technology and
cryo-electron tomography in combination with light microscopy with the
aim to precisely map the supramolecular arrangement of viral
proteins in RCs inside cells."

Website of Lundmark lab:
http://lundmark-lab.se/

Full text of advert on application portal:
https://umu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:293185/

Richard's email for inquiries:
richard.lundmark at umu.se

Application deadline is 28 October.