[3dem] Postdoctoral Openings at Harvard Medical School

Shao, Sichen Sichen_Shao at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 10 07:34:04 PDT 2019

Dear all,

We’re recruiting postdocs - please see below.

All the best,
Susan

Postdoctoral positions: cryo-EM of ribosomal and protein quality control complexes

The Shao lab (https://shao.hms.harvard.edu) at Harvard Medical School (HMS) has available postdoctoral positions for individuals interested in using cryo-EM to study mammalian ribosomal complexes and protein quality control machinery. The Shao lab dissects cellular mechanisms that surveil different steps of protein biosynthesis using in vitro reconstitutions, cell biology, and structural biology. We have numerous opportunities for independent and collaborative projects. If interested, please send your CV, contact information for 2-3 references, and a short statement of interest to Susan at sichen_shao at hms.harvard.edu<mailto:sichen_shao at hms.harvard.edu>.

Qualifications: Applicants should be highly motivated and have a PhD degree before starting the position, strong communication skills, and a record of scientific productivity and rigor through peer-reviewed publications or the ability to show examples of high-quality primary data. Experience in structural biology and biochemistry is required. Experience with single-particle cryo-EM is highly desirable.

Resources: The HMS cryo-EM facilities (https://cryoem.hms.harvard.edu) contain seven TEMS, including two Titan Krios, a Talos Arctica, a Polara, and an F20 all equipped with direct electron detectors. We are an interactive and young mid-size lab benefitting from the stimulating environment of HMS and the greater Boston area.

We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.

———
Sichen (Susan) Shao
Assistant Professor
Department of Cell Biology