[3dem] Cryo-EM Facility Director and Faculty Position at Iowa State University

Sashital, Dipali G [BBMB] sashital at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 9 07:15:48 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I previously sent a message about our cryo-EM facility here at Iowa State University, which will house a Thermo Fisher Glacios equipped with Gatan K3 camera. This instrument joins a JEOL 2100 equipped with Gatan OneView camera, suitable for sample screening purposes, that is overseen by a separate Office of Biotechnology facility and located adjacent to the cryo-EM facility. The cryo-EM facility will be supported by excellent computational resources through the Research IT department at Iowa State, including a dedicated GPU cluster and ample storage space.

We have now begun a search for a facility director who will help to establish the cryo-EM facility as a core structural biology facility on our campus. Full details on the position can be found here: https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Cryo-Electron-Microscopy-Facility-Manager_R796
Our current deadline is October 30, but this position will be open until filled.

We also have an ongoing search for a faculty position in the Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology department (BBMB) at the Assistant or Associate professor level. The application deadline is October 15, and details can be found here: https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor-in-Cryo-EM--BBMB-_R564

Please spread the word about our positions and feel free to e-mail me with questions. Ames, IA is a charming, affordable, and stress-free place to live, and there is a huge amount of excitement about the cryo-EM facility and structural biology research on our campus!

Best,
Dipa

________________________________
Dipali G. Sashital
Associate Professor
Iowa State University
Roy J. Carver Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology
3112 Molecular Biology Building
Ames, IA 50011
Phone: (515)-294-5121
http://www.sashitallab.org

Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email eooffice at iastate.edu<mailto:eooffice at iastate.edu>.