[3dem] Job openings in Cologne, Germany

Simon Poepsel spoepsel at berkeley.edu
Fri May 31 13:23:08 PDT 2019

Dear prospective PhD students and post docs,

I have two job openings, one PhD and one post doc, in my new group at the Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC), Germany. We are looking for enthusiastic applicants who would be excited to work on regulatory mechanisms orchestrating the activities of human chromatin modifying complexes, thereby guiding cell fate determination and development.

We are currently building a strong and competitive cryo-EM infrastructure in Cologne. The CMMC is part of the university clinic and houses research groups working on disease related projects from fundamental to clinical research. The institute is well funded and located in the direct vicinity of the MPI for Biology of Aging, the excellence cluster CECAD, the Cologne Center for Genomics and the Natural Sciences Faculty of the University of Cologne. This provides a fantastic and interactive environment across disciplines expanding our scope to the broader biological contexts.

If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly (using my old Berkeley email still spoepsel at berkeley.edu), find more information or apply directly using the following links:

PhD:    https://jobs-uk-koeln.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=425

Postdoc:   https://jobs-uk-koeln.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=428

Best,