[3dem] CTF-correction with phase plate

Takanori Nakane tnakane at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 27 07:55:36 PDT 2019

Hi,

In RELION, the phase shift is treated as constant for ALL resolution
shells including very low resolution.

This can cause problems when the VPP developed a lot beyond 90 degrees.
Some people apply high pass filters to fudge this issue.
(see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30928614 and
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/457861v1)

I am analyzing EMPIAR-10263 to find the best way to deal with
such datasets.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane